Sunday 22 November 2009

Long Distance Tranny!

Due to my new job, close to Cambridge, it has proved to be too difficult to make the journey up to Teela’s for Tea at Teela’s but I didn’t want to miss the last time before Christmas to see Teela and my girlfriends. With Teela and Dave spending Christmas in Florida and not knowing whether any of my friends would be out at the Concord Christmas meal on the 5th, I decided to make the effort and leaving work at 3pm, started on the 187 mile journey.

The trip was going really well until I got caught on the A500 by an accident at Alsager which delayed me by 30 minutes. Nevertheless I rolled up outside the door at 6-30 and having met the early visitors and with a cup of tea in my hand went upstairs to get ready.

My outfit for the evening was a new short skirt in aubergine teamed with purple glittery top, black patterned tights and a pair of flats on my feet. I was still struggling with my damaged knee so heels were out for the time being. 75 minutes from start to finish was pretty good in my books as I get more proficient in getting ready; it helps having chosen what I was to wear and refining my make up.

It was great to meet up with the gang, Dianne, Mandy, Tina and Kate and the evening passed all too quickly in good company. It was the best supported evening that I had attended with lots of new (to me) girls attending.

In a moment of blood to the head, I volunteered to have a go on the catwalk of a fashion show Teela was organising for March and that she was going to take to Sparkle! In a way whilst sh….ing bricks I am quite looking forward to having a go! Just need to learn the walk sober and with a couple of bottles of wine down me!

Taking advantage of being at Teela’s I chose and purchased a new wig in a reddy brown which was a lot longer than I had been wearing. I was very pleased with the look.

Come 11pm, I reluctantly stripped away evidence of Emma and returned to the real world, bidding Dave and Teela goodnight and a great holiday, at turned 11-30pm, I climbed into the car for my trip home. 121 miles and 2 hours later I arrived, climbing the stairs to bed for 4 hours sleep before getting up to go to work later that morning.

Was it worth it? – OF COURSE IT WAS! I do miss these monthly gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment