Thursday 7 May 2009

The other woman - the wife meets Emma in the flesh

Well, almost 28 days to the hour after telling my wife about Emma, she met Emma in the flesh.

Taking advantage of my youngest staying over at her boyfriend’s straight after school till late, we decided that last night would be a good test as to how far we have got in our relationship which now includes Emma.

The day started with my wife washing, drying and ironing my LBD which I was planning to wear as I had managed to drop a BBQ rib on it the previous Wednesday out with Kate and Mrs Kate and of course the foundation around the neck area. (foundation which doesn’t transfer!! – yeah!)

I in the meantime on the way to my office to finish clearing out my stuff, called in at Fosse Park and had a walk around the shops looking for things for Emma. My first port of call was BHS where I picked up a new pair of boot cut stretch jeans, 31” leg and size 14, 4 tops and a stretchy ¾ length mid blue dress.

At Boots I treated myself to a new Chanel lipstick and matching lip liner and nail varnish and in M&S a necklace and matching earrings and a bracelet which would go with the necklace.

Driving home after work, I picked up an Indian meal and some afters and laid the table, prepared the food so that all we had to do was put it in the oven when ready and opened a bottle of 2002 St Emilion to let it breathe.

By this time, it was nearly 5pm and my wife was expected home by 6-30 and so after a close shave, I got dressed (I used my daughter’s room leaving our bedroom for my wife). Before putting on my face I quickly checked the fit of my purchases. The jeans are unbelievably tight – no problem in tucking – I needed a shoehorn to get them on but when on and the belt fastened – wow! The tops looked as good on me as I had hoped and the blue dress I intend to wear out in Manchester this Saturday (more about this later!)

To keep cool whilst getting ready, I borrowed a fan from the conservatory and switched off the central heating.

I was in the middle of applying my make up when my wife got home and finished whilst she herself got ready.

The moment of truth was rapidly approaching. Both of us had all week been somewhat nervous of this encounter and it was with a certain degree of trepidation I carefully walked down the stairs to join my wife in the lounge.

My wife was wearing a beautiful red and black dress and heels and looked a million dollars.

The first seconds seemed to take hours but the world didn’t come to an end. My wife didn’t run away. My heart eventually dropped back to a more normal level and we exchanged our first words.

Sipping the first glass of wine sitting next to each other on the sofa was certainly a new experience for both of us and soon we decided to start dinner with the Indian starters and another glass of wine. Walking into the kitchen, both our heels clicking on the stone tiled floor was yet another experience imprinted in my mind.

Having chatted and chatted for hours, we decided that we would skip the main course and continue with the pudding – chocolate miniature puddings that is.

During the conversation my wife suggested that whilst are youngest was staying over with friends in Leicester on Saturday, why don’t we (Emma and my wife) go out in Manchester for the night!

Well you could have knocked me down with a feather. In nano seconds I accepted this offer – well who wouldn’t!

The final hour before picking our daughter up was spent with me trying on my recent purchases and giving my wife chance to comment. Then it was my wife’s turn to show me what she had purchased whilst accompanied by our youngest the previous weekend when out shopping for a prom dress and shoes for my youngest over at Cheshire Oaks.

Finally, we could wait no longer and as my wife left to pick up our daughter I quickly removed my make up and dived into the shower, tidying up my clothes later after she had gone to bed.

Well – who would have thought that we would be in this position only 4 weeks after disclosure. My wife really is very special and I love her loads!!

5 comments:

  1. One evening you'll both never forget.Really pleased for you both that things are going so well. Thanks for sharing.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Emma....

    Big hugs and kisses to you both!

    love
    chrissie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO GLAD IT WENT WELL FOR YOU EMMA
    LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU BOTH
    SEE YOU SOON XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya,
    I'm so glad that all is going well for you,
    long may it continue, enjoy and cherish this time of your life.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. emma ,
    you are a nice person i can see that .look after yourselves xx

    ReplyDelete