Friday 27 February 2009

Well It Finally Had to Happen

After a three hour meeting today discussing the finalisation of a number of contracts, I was asked to stay behind and my director advised me that as of two weeks time, I would be made redundant unless we picked up some more civils work.

To say I am gutted would be an understatement and as of yet, I have chosen not to tell my wife. We are and my wife in particular too stressed out as it is.

Luckily, I am currently negotiating with another Company for a regional head position but based in Luton – only 80 miles down the M1 each day!

Time will tell as I revamp my CV and ring back a number of the agencies that have over the last 12 months been pestering me.

We have just come back from a pleasant evening with friends where we watched the Wales France game and had a few bottles of wine and snacks etc. Difficult to keep focused on the conversation given my current news.

Selfish as it seems I need my Emma time more than ever as I address the problem I may now face. The good news is that I have booked in and paid for my hotel on the 11th to allow me to attend the Northern Angels evening meal and have also picked up a new red dress from EBay to fit into the themed night at Manchester Concord. I already have the shoes and a matching handbag.

I am also booked into the Atrium with a friend for the next Come Dancing evening organised by Lisa this time on a Saturday evening in early April. This will probably be the last outing for a while if I become unemployed so I will have to make the most of it.

Anyway, enough of the doom and gloom, it's past midnight and I’m away to bed. Let’s see what next week brings.

Love
Emma xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    Sorry to hear your news and hopefully everything will work out for you.
    Take care
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete